Wednesday 24 January 2007

Arsehole

Sorry about the rude title, but it sums up a customer.

"Would you mind if I filled my drink cup up with ice cream?"

"Errr, yeah, sorry you can't do that"

"But why not?"

"It is unhygienic and you have to pay for the ice cream"

Muttering to self but loud enough to hear "What a load of shit"

Then the same person came back, and wanted to now buy an ice cream but have two cups "because they'll use the same amount of ice cream anyway". Yes, you will but Pizza Hut will only be paid once. I had to explain this whole thing, which I can't really explain too well on here, but basically it was "You can't pay for one but get two" and their response was "Why?". In the end he bought two. £1.98 in the till - woo!

If you like retail blogs (like I do), check out Working at Food Place.



4 comments:

Al said...

Sometimes you have to wonder where these people come from.

AggressiveAdmin said...

Thanks very much for the link and heads up for my blog.

I've been reading yours and it's strangely comforting to know that it's not only shop people that suffer.

Personally, I couldn't hack fast food. I'm bad enough trying to operate the bakery at work without burning myself or having to waste piles of food because I dropped it.

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Personally, I couldn't hack fast food. I'm bad enough trying to operate the bakery at work without burning myself or having to waste piles of food because I dropped it.

Just because I don't mention them doesn't mean these don't happen! I remember only a few days after starting, I tripped over and dropped someones entire meal on the floor and burnt my hands picking up melted cheese off the floor. My track record since has been pretty good though, only two burns - from the fryer and oven - one each, and luckily they have both healed with no scars.

PS- I like the email I get when comments appear on this post: [Pizza Hut Team Member] New comment on Arsehole.!!

cookie monster said...

couldnt you have just doe something filthy to the guys food? i know i wouldve......