Tuesday 23 January 2007

Losing it

In the past few shifts I have done, seperate customers have left their car keys on the counter 4 times. This has never happened before, but in the past week or so, it has happened 4 times.

The first time I knew who left them there, so took them over to them. They weren't all that grateful so that was annoying.

The other times I had no idea who left them there, and didn't even notice them because they all left them in front of my till, which you can't see over without leaning. The same thing would happen each time "Oh...someone has left their keys here". "Oh right, I'll keep them behind there, they'll come back for them" was my reply each time.

The look on peoples face hunting round everywhere is great. The big sigh which 3 customers have given when I handed them the keys was interesting- hehe - but at least they were grateful, but they all had an excuse similar to "Oh and my son was setting fire to his brother so I was distracted, and oh my god it was terrible not knowing where they were" etc.

Someone asked for and this is an exact quote "Can I have a cold drink, but not cold?". Ok - you are odd. My reply was something along the lines of "Erm, we can't really control the temperature of the machine" "Well no ice then please" "We don't do ice anyway" "Ok I won't bother".

Another stupid person came up to the counter just after we closed. "You got any blah blah blah?" "Yeah, but the fries might be a bit cold - but it is free" "Oh...can you not do some new fries?" "No sorry, we're closed so I can only give you it free anyway" "WELL I CANNOT EAT COLD FRIES" "Do you want the pizza anyway - it's free?" "I CAN'T EAT PIZZA WITHOUT FRIES! HMPH". They walked off and I thought, I just offered them free fresh pizza, and they turned it down. Odd.

The coffee machine is looking tatty already, because customers insist on breaking bits off it. It has already had to have a panel replaced because some cretin broke it.

Oh and finally, to finish off my notes for tonight, a lady who looked, well, posh/well off whatever came up to the counter. She was really friendly, but she then started moving - and she STUNK. People should wash more often.

No comments: