Wednesday 31 January 2007

Pizza the action

Well it is still dead after Christmas, everyone is in debt so the last thing they want to do is go an buy a pizza.

Oh well you still get the regulars. I like the regulars, because they know me and I know them - this relationship is nice, because they trust you. I don't know why, but I seem to feel that.

There is a regular I'm not too sure of. She has a bright red perm, and faffs around every single time she comes in, debating to herself what to have - and has the exact same thing everytime.

Phone calls
I have taken to answering the phone lately, and pizza places must attract morons to call. Not one call I have taken has been an enquiry about our store.

"Hello my name is Doctor Baylakahjin and I am calling about making arrangements for a surprise party" WRONG STORE - number given.

Man reels off a long list of pizzas, followed by a house number and postcode. "Erm, we don't do delivery I'm afraid..." *CLICK*

"Hello is Pravin there" "Who?" "PRAVIN" "No one who works here is called Pravin" "Have you got his number then?" "No, he doesn't work here, you know this is ___ Pizza Hut don't you?" "Useless" *CLICK*

"Hello can I speak to a Mr ____ (a seriously messed up version of the managers name)" "Do you mean ___" "It says Mr ____ here" "I'll get him for you"

The from what the manager says...it went like this "Hello is this ____?" "No it is ___" "Sorry we can only talk to ____, please get him to call when he is in again" *CLICK*

"Do you have any cash in hand work?" "No" *CLICK* Moron.

"Do you gave the number for Papa Johns?"

Some customers
I tend to stare into space sometimes. I also tend to laugh, and look at people at the same time - who are unrelated. This lady who had bought a pizza kept smiling and making eye contact with me. She also laughed at jokes that were between me and a support manager. She managed to do this while being around 30ft away. Weird.

I was lying on the floor today, stocking up the fridges. I heard a tap of a coin on the counter (how rude!!) to get my attention. I then heard "OI GET OFF THE FLOOR!" (how very rude!!). I put two and two together, and figured I had a bitch at the counter. Luckily, it was a coincidence that a mother was telling her child to get off the floor and not ranting at me.

I broke the bottle warming rule again today - likkle baby having cold milk, what a horrid thought.

A tip to people who want a job at Pizza Hut. If you ask me for an application, you are already in a selection process which I run by myself. If you come up to the counter and say "Can I have one of those f**king what you call it, f**king application forms mate" Ok, you've just sworn quite loud and pretty uncalled for, in an area where children are making ice creams, you are wearing a stupid cap, and you look dirty, then sorry my natural reaction is to say "Sorry we don't have any jobs at the minute..."

Pizza the action!
The Pizza Hut newsletter, January 2007 edition has arrived. It features Thorpe Park branch, going on about how good they are.

It goes on about how Pizza Hut respect their staff, want to keep them updated, make them feel valued etc. It does not mention how all the menial workers at the bottom, which make the whole thing actually work, but instead goes on about how management and 'the board' giving us information. What about us giving them information?

It gives some views of the workers at 3 restaurants (of 700+), all ones which have been nicely refurbished etc.

4 comments:

AggressiveAdmin said...

Phone calls get on my nerves too. We used to get A LOT of people phoning to ask about car MOTs and windscreen replacement for some bizarre reason.

I'm with you on the application form front. How you request one is the first major part of the selection process. I hate it when you waste an perfectly good form on somebody who doesn't even bother to fill half of it in. Yeah, you're really going to get a job by telling us absolutely nothing about yourself. One person wrote "None" in the Personal Interests section.

Al said...

We have a little company magazine we get every month too. It's full of the usual corporate crap so hardly anyone bothers to read the thing.

AggressiveAdmin said...

"It gives some views of the workers at 3 restaurants (of 700+), all ones which have been nicely refurbished etc."

Our company magazine only ever features their favourite stores too. The ones that they've spent millions refurbishing.

The Ellenfoot branch is one (the store near us that we HATE). We both participated in a charity event recently and we raised over a grand more than they did - yet it was Ellenfoot who got the feature in the magazine.

There's a rant brewing for my blog about Ellenfoot and other 'blue-eyed-stores'.

Anonymous said...

I was surfing online and found your blog, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I am a fellow pizza hut employee (here in the states, Indiana to be exact) and it's nice to know i'm not the only one that hates stupid/rude customers. My favorite are the ones that cuss me out because they had a bad day. geez!