Wednesday 3 January 2007

Why??? So???

Happy New Year. Christmas and New Year are gone, done for another year - and we are DEAD. Not actually dead, because I'm writing this, but the guest checks (no. or customers) are very low. Which is quite nice but a bit boring, when you've done everything short of scraping chewing gum from the bottom of the counter (customer side of course).

Now I thought only full serve restaurant team members would get tips.........but today I got huge - 73p!!!. The lady said "Keep the change". I replied "It's 73p...?" "Oh no it's alright you keep it". Woo. Thank you for making my day - not for the money, but for wanting to give me the money.

Thanks to the fully grown adult who I saw once top his cup up with Pepsi, and had a thought it wasn't a Pizza Hut one, and then came again, in full view of me, as I was standing next to the machine cleaning it - filling his KFC cup up.

"Sorry, you can't fill that up here..."
"WHY?"
"Because it is a KFC cup"
"So?"
"You have to buy the cup from here then you can use it..."
"Why?"
"We can't just let people have free drinks"
"Well that's stupid"

He got away with his 2nd free Pepsi and left. Seriously, was he a bit...dumb? Yes we have Pepsi 'on tap' but it is for us and our customers only, not you and your scabby cup. I told a colleague about this. His reaction was - "Where is he?" and various expressions including "I've got security on my side" combined with a 'headbutting' movement.

I have developed a new strategy/policy on giving out extra/more cups. It is basically 'Give me your old one and I will give a new one if you want'. I will not tolerate "Yeah erm I erm accidently erm put my erm cup in the bin and erm CAN I HAVE ANOTHER ONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE". No. I told you could have free refills so as you walk out don't look at the free refill sign, look shocked and ask for another cup. I am not giving you one.

This new strategy was highlighted perfectly with a mother coming up and saying "Can I have another ice cream cup, because I put chocolate sauce in it and it turns out he doesn't like it...?" My reply was "Yeah if you bring the old cup back...because it has be entered as waste". Her reply: "I won't bother then". Your plan has been foiled - you wanted two cups for the price of one.

I saw a man put strawberry sauce in his coffee though. I remembered his face, and guess what he was back at the counter in about 5 minutes. "I just had a coffee and it tasted TERRIBLE....I think I put something I shouldn't have into it!". I laughed out loud. He must have thought I was a freak. He got another cup, because he had his original one.

Parents. If you toddler does not want their coat on, and after 3 times asking them to put it on, don't run round the place chasing them and shouting at them "PUT YOUR COAT ON NOW". They obviously don't want their bloody coat on, so let them have that choice and give everyone including yourself some peace.

To jezpiz who wanted pictures of a Pizza Hut uniform. I'm afraid I can't really help though as I don't work in full serve.

I can tell you what there is though.

FOH staff in traditional restaurants have a black PH top with PH logo on the back near the neck and managers get black trousers with a tiny PH tag on them. BOH have black PH t-shirts and aprons. Caps can be worn by whoever. Fleeces and jumpers also exist, as well as motorbike jackets. Everything is pretty much black with the Pizza Hut logo in colour on. I'm interested to know why you want a pic of it...and have a devoted a blog to it??!!

Anyway on a final note, I have burnt myself for the first time properly today, it's got a red mark, stings and everything. Please send your sympathy in the form of comments. :-)

1 comment:

caramaena said...

Ouch - hope the burn is better now.