Monday 1 October 2007

Correction

In a previous post, I put that chocolate sauce is being replaced by lemon. I was wrong - and another Pizza Hut employee said so in a comment. I am very sorry about that.

And what did I find on todays delivery?

New ICF sauce! Chocolate and caramel ICF sauce! No lemon. But the reason chocolate wasn't orderable was that it had changed product number and the new number hadn't been released. So I reckon, the sauces will be chocolate, strawberry, lemon and caramel. Umm definitely nicer than chocolate, strawberry, bubblegum and popcorn - I think the new ones are more refined and classy!

They have also changed the bottles from white, to see through. That's a good thing - you can see at a glance if they need changing. Plus the chocolate sauce is a nicer now, it is less sweet and has more cocoa.

Quite an amusing customer I dealt with today. I thought they were a bit of div from the start. She paid and I gave her a receipt. About 20 minutes later, after she'd eaten and was about to leave - brings me her tray and asks where she should put it. I tell her. She then asks "Have I paid?" Her receipt was on the tray she had been eating off and looking at for 20 minutes.

5 comments:

James (UK) said...

Sounds like a "pocket transaction" opportunity there, not that I'd ever do such a thing myself!

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Oh yes I know all about those! Since I started at Pizza Hut, only one person has been found to do that. They got caught by the Deputy, were sent home and then sacked by the Area Manager the next day. When they asked for a reference they got a reasonably good one except for the reason for leaving: fraud!

Some people just can't resist the temptation but I think I'll hang on in there for a bit because I begin manager training next year and the wage goes up to quite a reasonable amount. Not too bad for a part time job!

Al said...

Manager training, so you're moving up in the world then?

They keep trying to get me to apply for a higher level position but I keep refusing. The increase in money is tiny and the people at that level have a lot more responsibility and are expected to do so much more than is in their job description. If I were looking to move up to management proper then I would consider it but I'm not.

Could that customer really not remember having paid for their food just a short time ago? I sometimes get people who try and pay twice but than can be a good few days after they paid the first time so it's excusable.

James (UK) said...

Well Al, my partner "forgets" things I ask her to do only after a few moments of my telling her, so it's possible! ;-)

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Yeah, manager training! I think the idea is that if they make me a manager it'll encourage me to stay because they want to keep me over Christmas (apparently, I'm a "crucial part" for Christmas).

Once I'm trained I'll get the higher rate but won't specifically have to do anything extra unless I'm the duty manager.

Al, yes the woman really did ask if she had paid. She was also read out the description of the veggie pizza "green peppers, red onion, tomato chunks and mushrooms" and then asked "So that has mushrooms on right?".