Monday 29 October 2007

Another silly question

I posted about the most stupid question I've ever been asked a while ago. Basically a man wanted to know if we threw away the UNUSED IN WRAPPERS disposable cups at the end of the night. No we don't.

But, I think that this question potentially beats that one, and the person who asked it adds to it's stupidity.

I'm loitering on the front, in an apron when a man with a white shirt and grey tie comes up to me. He is a McDonalds manager. He then said "Do you have an angle grinder we could borrow?". "An angle grinder?" "Yeah" "Err no...sorry". Why he thought Pizza Hut would have an angle grinder is beyond me. I suppose it would be good for cutting pizza !

7 comments:

ell said...

Not sure if this went through yesterday...but hi from New Zealand!

Great blog.

Manuel said...

Hahahahahhaha that's quite funny eh....

James (UK) said...

What I want to know now is what he wanted the angle grinder for!

;-)

Al said...

I'd have asked him what he wanted it for, I couldn't go on in life without knowing that.

Anonymous said...

Ah come on - the guy is a McDonalds manager. He's not going to be the brightest button, is he?

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Don't you hate moron customers? We had some girls in the other week who seriously asked "What do you do with the bakery goods that you throw out?"

Anonymous said...

We do a buffet lunch in full service restaurants, which finishes at 3pm, so mum, dad and 2 kids walked in at 3.30pm and the father attempted to order 2 adult buffets. I politely told them that we stopped serving buffet at 3pm, so mum than asked me could she please have 2 kids buffets then. Close on winning or at least runner up!