Friday 5 October 2007

Delivery

We don't do delivery. We have never done delivery. We don't do delivery. We used to be grouped for area management with delivery. We don't do delivery. We are listed as a restaurant in the phone books. We don't do delivery. We haven't got any delivery drivers or bikes. WE DON'T DO DELIVERY.

For god knows what reason I tend to answer the phone a lot now. Even if there is a manager there, they'll often ask me to get it. I do seem to be doing more and more manager tasks, which is ok. In particular I like being asked "Pick someone to do potwash ___". Hehe that'll teach you for being lazy! Another favourite is "Count this money for me while I go for a fag". It gets me out of the other jobs so it is good.

So two recent delivery enquiries:

"Good evening _____ Pizza Hut"
"Do you deliver to ___?"
"No sorry we don't offer delivery"
"You do"
"Nope sorry we don't"
"I have ordered from you before"
"Not us I'm afraid."
"You must be new - is there anyone else there?"
"Yes."
"Let me speak to them"
"There is no need, we don't do delivery"
"YOU'RE A LIAR"

I hung up.

"Good evening _____ Pizza Hut!"
"Right can I order a .... for delivery in ___?"
"Sorry we don't do delivery"
"Well I've just been given this number by another store and they said you do"
"Oh they must have got mixed up - because we don't do delivery"
"Fuck Pizza Hut then"

Thanks for that!

9 comments:

cogidubnus said...

Regardless of what you say in your latest posting, your UK national site http://www.pizzahut.co.uk/ really does suggest that you do deliver...

If you don't, then I suggest that not only is it your own fault if customers misunderstand...(some kind of totally useless organisation?) but also you might be fined under the Trades Descriptions Act.

I like your blog, but for gods sake, between the hissy fits, do try to get it right

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Pizza Hut Delivery and Restaurant Based Delivery units offer delivery. We aren't either of those.

The website asks you to put in your postcode, and then you should get your nearest delivery restaurant with the opportunity to order online.

Yes it was a bit of a hissy fit, but I have got it right - we don't do delivery and website doesn't suggest we do nor will "The National Hut Line".

Al said...

Sorry, cogidubnus but as a frequent visitor to the Pizza Hut website I have never seen it suggested that every Pizza Hut delivers.

I love the people who claim to have got something/had something done with you before. Doesn't matter that what they're asking for isn't something you've ever offered or even possible they've had it before so they can have it now.

James (UK) said...

Yes, it's like when you get the "I spoke to someone there." "Dave? Paul? Mike? er.. Steve?" and you just know they are guessing! Liars!

"F*ck Pizza Hut then"

Lovely! Reminds me of when I worked in a bank, and the so-called "Personal Bankers" used to have a "hidden alarm" to alert the back office area if they had any hassle from customers.

One day the alarm went off. Out of the 10 men ("Men"... Ha!) around the back, 8 didn't know what the alarm was for, and in the end, only one other person wanted to come around the front with me.

It turned out to be this old filthy tramp who came in once or twice a month.

Despatching him with a mild "please leave now unless you wish to transact any business" etc., he turned to my colleage and said;

"You can f*uck yourself... AND YOUR WIFE!"

Don't know why, but I just love that second part! ;-)

Manuel said...

Can I get a large pan meat feast with extra chillies delivered to ........hehehhe

Heroin Bob said...

Well, I DO delivery for my store in the US... honestly don't think you should be allowed to blog about how gay working for Pizza Hut is until you've been mugged ;-). It's good fun... getting the shit beaten out of you.... I agree with that caller tbh... FUCK PIZZA HUT!

It's been 6 months and I still haven't even gotten worker's comp... and I don't get the respect I deserve from the management... even though I work faster and harder than any other driver at our store AFTER being mugged, the district manager told the new GM she doesn't like me and said that I don't do anything. Fuck her, fuck pizza hut, and fuck you.

Anonymous said...

i work at pizza hut. im so pissed at them right now because some new bitch manager came in and tells me that not only am i working on Halloween (which i asked for off a year ago for my sisters birthday) but also im working for 10 hours. thats not even fucking legal! im in high school!

ayha said...

wow... i like it :)

Unknown said...

good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog Visit Site:- Takeaway in Milton