Monday 18 September 2006

No time

Hello....my first shift of the week, of 3. Just the basics first - till was right again (I will make it a regular feature about my till float), and it was 1 FOH, 1 BOH today - me being FOH.

No abusive customers today, one funny event sticks out though. A chap about 12ish came up and ordered a Pepsi. I of course processed this order. Then this very frantic man comes RUNNING over "DON'T POUR THAT COKE" "---- YOU BLOODY KNOW YOU CAN'T HAVE COKE". The father now argeus with the boy, and I can pick up phrases like "You know Coke will make you go hyper, I'll get the money back". So had to process a refund (basically comprises of getting some money from the back). I then offered them a hot drink as I had also heard the dad say "Come on we'll get you a coffee or something to calm you down". So the boy had a Luxury Hot Chocolate. I never lose a sale!

I find my upsell techniques rather good. When ever someone orders a coffee I ask if they'd like a muffin with that - umm yes say most of them. The thing is - upselling and offering extras really does work, more than I thought it would - so thats why there is such a drive in most fast food places to sell you something else.

Another customer today wanted a margarita pizza with mushrooms on it - yeah we can do it - but for gods sake, why not just have the veggie pizza - oh well each to their own.

SMALL CHILDREN - I do like them, and think they are nice and sweet, it's nice to serve them because very often they are the most polite. But...they are not clean creatures. This little girl went over to the ICF (Ice Cream Factory) and plonked her pot on the stand. Problem one - please hold the pot. Then she pulls the handle very lightly. This builds up the unfrozen stuff inside, so when she eventually pull the handle harder - it splattered her (funny part), but also the wall and the floor (not so funny part). As soon as she went, I went over cleaned it with the D2 (general cleaner stuff) to show my disgust to her parents sitting near by. Oh and then there is the children who think the COFFEE MACHINE is the ICF. I had to shout at these boys about to press the hot water button with their hands dangling under it - went something along the lines of "OI - THAT'S NOT THE ICE CREAM MACHINE! WAIT THERE" and saved them from being scalded, very badly. Where were the parents - stuffing their faces with KFC.

Then there was closing time - no time to do all the mopping today, which I felt half bad about - but there just isn't enough time...yet, because I rookie! Got some free KFC tonight, they gave us Zinger stuff today without telling us...bit of a shock.

Oh and PS: I dropped 3 muffins on the floor today, and had to think - should I put them back...or should I chuck them? Chucked them - hope no one notices...and at least they were the horrible ones (not the Double Chocolate!). Oh and after I said something about how hot the oven was...and how I learnt the minimum temperature we can cook food is 64c, I had to think if I had made up the oven temp. But I hadn't so I'll post a pic of it in a minute...

No comments: