Wednesday 27 September 2006

Totally confusing

Ugh today has been a day of totally confusing, and un-understandable people.

The first instance of this with a couple - English speaking. The chap would say something, such as in answer to "Do you want that as a meal?" "Yes please". Then the woman would go "No thanks". This continued for around 4 other questions I asked. And they weren't ordering two meals - just one. I confirmed the order twice - normally I don't bother, but increasingly I am having to.

The next were two Chinese ladies, I think mother and daughter. They were extremely quiet and their English really wasn't great. They were also repeaters, one would say "Pepsi" the other would say "Pepsi" So is that two Pepsi, or that them just being plonkers. Turned it was a mix of both, some things they would repeat, some would actually be duplicate orders. It took 3 voids and 2 cancels to get their order correct - and it was my finger causing the problem.

Then in a twist for the night, a German family came along. Now I just want to get one thing out, this German woman was bang on the stereotype. Anyway, they also had some dodgy English, but not too bad. But because of the difficulties, I managed to do a couple of upsells, and their entire transaction was around £15 - which is a lot for a fast food restaurant.

The football kids were in again - again wanting hot drinks. I've never known 12 year old kids wanting 3 cups of coffee or tea a day - three days in a row.

Then there was moody girl who I had already given 4 ketchups to. I don't care how much I give out - I don't pay for it, so to have a teen girl come up to me and go "CAN I HAVE SOME MORE TOMATO SAUCE - IT IS FOR ALL THE FAMILY AFTER ALL" Yeah ok, you bought one pizza, but need more than 4 sachets...I 'placed' 6 more sachets onto a tray. 10 ketchups for 1 pizza.

End of night was really pleasing today, I've now worked out a method of starting to clean up 3 hours before close, because otherwise there is too much to do at close. Got out early considering I did both FOH and BOH. Got some KFC free so went home pretty happy.

Next shift tomorrow (Thursday).

Please comment...and ask any questions you may have!

3 comments:

caramaena said...

Did you ever end up getting paid?

Raspberry Fool said...

Pizza with tomato sauce?

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

People in general, just aren't normal.