Sunday 24 December 2006

Merry Christmas

Well Christmas was a bit of an anti-climax really - it wasn't really busy. So this is it. My day off is tomorrow - how exciting!!

I've been round the back for a while. I put some garlic bread in the oven. I discovered about 5 minutes later the oven I selected was off and stone cold. The customer collared me. Rather than telling them I'd been an idiot and put it in the wrong oven, I said "Sorry it will be out in a minute, something just got stuck in the oven and so has slowed it down". Not too far from the truth.

I served this family, who didn't want any pork but were insistent that they could have a pizza with pepperoni on it.

"We don't want anything with pork on, so 4 Supremes please".
"Supreme has pepperoni on it, and that contains pork"
"Yes 4 Supremes then please"
"That has pork on it"
"Yes I know - Supreme"
*head-till-head-till*
"Do you want Chicken Supreme? That doesn't have any pork on it"
"No, just Supreme"
"But that has pork on it"
"Ok do Supremes with no pepperoni".

Why didn't you just say that in the first place? Argh.

This incident made me wary. Now I know there are some religions which don't allow people to eat pork, but I'm not too clued up on their appearances/traditional dress etc, but I was a bit suspicious when this couple ordered two hawaiians. So I confirmed the order at the end with - so thats two ham and pineapple pizzas blah blah. They both agreed.

Then 3 minutes later, back come two thoroughly mangled pizzas, with bits of ham pulled out and an angry man going
"This has ham on it"
"Yes because it is a hawaiian."
"Yes I know it is a hawaiian that is what I ordered"
"Yes hawaiian has ham on it"
At this point he must have realised his mistake but wanted to make Pizza Hut for it.
"I ORDERED CHICKEN"
"You said you ordered hawaiian"
"I ordered chicken."

I took the boxes out of his hand and got the pizzas out, squeezed them into a bit of a mush and then got two chicken pizzas out.

"Thanks mate" was his reply.

The other nasty customer was one who ranted in my face about not getting another cup for free for whatever reason and included the phrases "This is absolutely ridiculous" and "You are so pathetic". The twirp got her cup from another team member in the end because apparently the customer was getting very red and "looked like she was going to hit me". Now if it didn't hurt too much, then that would be very funny. Her and her family being removed from centre by security and possibly the police - hehehe.

Enjoy Christmas everyone, and if I don't post before Happy 2007. This is my 52nd post.

No comments: