Tuesday 5 December 2006

CASH

Well just as I said it was getting busier, we have a miserable day where we don't meet the projections and there was a gap between customers at one point of around 25 minutes. So what did we do. Clean? Something useful? No. We squirted cleaning fluids at each other. It quickly came to a stop though, as instead of using the diluted stuff I threatened the use of glass cleaner. Oh well. We must have some fun some times.

But because it is Christmas now some random people (not customers) just appear at the counter and ask me "Do you know what time [Insert name of one of about 40 stores] is open to?" When I replied "No sorry I'm not sure" They each time without fail give me the most vicious glare. Sorry I don't happen to have the opening hours of every store stored in my memory.

I typed something here about some chavs but it was a bit boring so I got rid of it.

And from the title....

We were closed. I didn't have a till - meaning basically I'm assigned to a till, but there is not a penny inside it and the cashing up has been completed. Coming up to me and standing in my way with your face next to mine going "I will pay you CASH for some fries" He then proceeds to show me a £5 note. "I CAN PAY CASH". Paying in cash has got nothing to do with it - so "Sorry I can't, I don't have a till to put the money in and get change" "I can pay CASH it is no problem.". Must have had a thick skull. We didn't have any fries anyway, so that was the end of that.

Well my till hasn't been down for ages. It has only been down once. Which is nice. Just thought I'd mention that.

I do hope I get some problem customers soon. They make interesting stories. Why can't someone find a cockroach or something in their pizza - now that would be exciting! Not that we have cockroaches (oh and yes, I have checked the little catcher things for them just incase we do have them - they are empty).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been enjoying your blog! You seem so unjaded and happy to work hard at your job. It seems the bad customers are everywhere in the world, and I though they were worse here in Vegas for some reason. Wish people had some better manners, I can sympathize with you on those messy bastards. I did Starbucks for 4 years and I can't even begin to tell you what I have encountered with customers and co-workers. I am way curious to know more about you, but that may seem wacky and I am yet a complete stranger. I think you are male. You must be over 18 as you are in college, no? Anyhow, keep your head up through the Christmas rush, thank goodness your country doesn't have a "black Friday" as we do after our Thanksgiving holiday.Thats when EVERYONE goes out to shop for gifts on one paticular day. It's madness! Keep up the good blogging.

Anonymous said...

Just read the whole archive and already left one comment.
Really enjoying it.
Know what you mean about working with the public.
I work on phones and get asked all kinds.
If they ask you a stupid question and get a stupid answer they seem to be surprised........