Saturday 30 December 2006

Boxes

I hope you all had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Because of sales we have been busier after Christmas than before it - weird.

A few unexciting things have happened. Someone broke the coffee machine. Someone broke an oven. Someone broke the dishwasher. Someone broke a till. Someone broke the freezer. All of these things at the busiest time of the year, nice.

I did something very bad and came home with a Pizza Hut marker pen in my pocket and kept it. I'm afraid it doesn't have a Pizza Hut logo on it though, or I might have tried my luck on eBay.

And from the title...a very odd man came in. He wanted a pizza to take away. He said "I'm not too sure about the box" There was nothing wrong with it, except the lid needed closing properly. The pizza was fresh out of the oven a few minutes ago. "Oh right...do you want me to change it?" "Umm I'm not sure..." I grabbed it out of his hand, he was obviously a twirp. I put another box over the existing box. He now had two perfect boxes. "It is in two boxes now - so it will be fine" "Well I don't think it will" "It will." I put it in THREE carrier bags so there was no chance of it ever falling out. Now then the weird person went to me with what I would describe as an intimidating voice "Well what do YOU think of the boxes?" With his face screwed up. I was a bit unsure of what to say so I went "I'm don't know really, I don't use them often". On reflection that was a bit of a crap thing to say.

Now I was a bit confused as to why he had kicked up such a fuss over it, and why he asked such a weird question. I found out later that when I went to get another box, another team member had said to me "Why are you bothering to get another box - it's are fine". I didn't hear them, as we have oven fans, extractor fans above the ovens, extractors over the frier, fan heaters in the hot hold, air conditioning, fridge/freezer fans and to top it off some crap Christmas carol in the background. (Have you noticed I like making lists??)

And that was about it really, except for the chavs who came in and made a puddle and trail of Pepsi footprints. Thanks - that was great.

Oh and talking of Pepsi, if you get a flat drink it is because of the gas has ran out. When I tell you it will be about 10 minutes until it is changed there is no point in waiting there, trying the machine every 30 seconds. IT WILL NOT WORK. If I tell you there is no 7up and will be no 7up today, that does actually mean there will not be any. 7up is my favourite so if there was a box of syrup there to put on, I would put it on.

Oh and one very last thing...where it says 99p and then has a list of sides, don't be a prat and kick up a stink when you only get one but "Thought it was 99p for all 8 sides". Pop off to Iceland if you want that kind of deal.

1 comment:

Al said...

Customers are great aren't they?

I have a similar problem. We have a poster which states that 150 or more 4x6 prints are 5p each. The number of people who just see 4x6 and 5p then complain when they're charged as much as 18p each is unreal.

Even if the signage on things that isn't clear common sense should tell you that you aint getting all 8 sides for a quid.

Happy new year to you.