Tuesday 19 June 2007

Chipped teeth

There are three girls, around..8 years old standing round deciding what to eat. They all have bad teeth. One though, in the big top front ones, has about half of it missing. It doesn't look very nice. I feel a bit sorry for her...like maybe she fell or something. But no, while this thought is going through my mind she puts a £2 coin in her mouth and chews on it. There are so many things wrong with this. 1, it is unhygienic, 2, it is dangerous and 3, it is metal - and it is going to chip your teeth. The the biggest problem though was, I got a wet £2 coin. Uggggggggggggggh round to the hand wash sink, bang bang bang on the soap dispenser and a thorough wash upto my elbows.



Then was the mother who is the MOST impatient woman I have ever come across. Not impatient with me (if customers are, I tend to go even slower, arranging items on the tray perfectly, counting out the change, getting out sachets of salt individually etc) but with her daughter. They arrived at the counter, the girl looked at the menu boards. Mother "HURRY UP WILL YOU" 3 seconds later. The girl looked at me like it wasn't unusual. She asked for the kids meal, so I asked what drink. Before she even had time to react the mother went "GET ON WITH IT." She asked for a Fruitshoot "Blackcurrant or Orange??" The girl ummed "IT DOESN'T MATTER JUST HURRY UP". The entire transaction took probably 30 seconds but at the end, the woman went to the girl "THANK GOD FOR THAT". Some parents are messed up.



Later I saw a middle aged woman trip on a piece of paper from a straw. It wasn't a big trip, tiny infact. But she put her tray back on the counter and made such an elaborate story about how she nearly fell and we should get it sorted. Whenever I see crap on the floor I ALWAYS bend down and pick it up, no one else ever bothers so I find it rather annoying when I get tips from people on how to keep the floor tidy. To prove a point to the woman who was sitting close by, I 'closed' the entire section with a barricade of wet floor signs, a broom and bucket - swept and mopped the floor.

1 comment:

James (UK) said...

have you ever had that other dreaded scenario where the customer smells of urine (or worse!) and you have to take a crumpled, damp £5 note out of their hands?

*Shudder!*

Out of interest, if you are using a vending machine and your coin keeps dropping through without being accepted, try licking your finger and smearing it on the coin. (You may prefer to lick the coin directly of course.. :-) )

This will normally cause the coin to "slow down" in the coin validator and often result in it being accepted. Handy if you've no more change.