Monday 11 June 2007

Pizza Hut Express

If you do an image search for Pizza Hut Express you get this rather horrid looking...well I'd say it was a serving hatch. I'm not sure how many people have actually seen a Pizza Hut Express in the UK, never mind ate at one.

It is a lot different to that one above. We don't stand in a 6 inch gap to to serve you, or do you help yourself to pizza. I think the best way I can describe it is...like McDonalds - where they get your food, but with a lobby area (they come into the unit about 12ft x 6ft) where the self service machines are for drinks and ice cream. It is quite modern...in design - but a bit traditional too, curvy and colourful in order to be welcoming.

This one is a bit more like it but in the picture you can't see the full layout, and our counter is a lower...and we don't stand in a huddle (or wear sunglasses!) on the front.

I just thought I'd post this incase you were wondering...? Nah I don't think you were.

4 comments:

Al said...

Do you know how many there are in the UK (Express formats)? I can't recall ever seeing one anywhere, all I've seen is the full serve and the little take-away ones which also deliver.

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

The last time I asked...about 3 months ago, there were 24 stores. They're dotted around the country in shopping centres (where they can get in), motorway services, airports etc.

CNash said...

I think you've been thrown off by perspective in that first photo - although it doesn't immediately appear that way, there is probably a gap between the serving counter and the area where the food is kept, so the assistants have ample space to move around and serve people. The woman there was most likely just standing there so that the photographer could get a clear view of the counter.

In any case, this facility looks like it's in a small shop, much like a local kebab shop/chippie, and not in a a service-counter McDonalds-style setting like yours. This is similar to Domino's Pizza places, where you just place your order, wait for your food and leave. Pizza Hut do use this format with the Express branding; at least, they do where I'm from.

Victoria Heinicke said...

it's really nice and manful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing. You have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them useful information.
variety pizza