Wednesday 22 November 2006

Training

Whoo. I've been training someone, even though I've not been fully trained myself. I have had a few occasions recently where me, a relatively new team member has been the most experienced person in store. Which is nice and/or a bit scary. I know pretty much everything there is to know - but my official training on certain areas hasn't been done, and when they it is done, it will be a quick 10 minute job - because I know it anyway.

But you don't stop learning things. I discovered how to turn off the friers today. Clever hey.

A colleague commented today on how good I was at cutting the pizzas and how good I was compared to another member who had been there a lot longer. I know this person can cut pizzas properly, but they think they can go faster than they actually can. Then they end up with 3 huge slices and one mini chunk.

There are some lovely notices ranting on at the team because of a few mishaps recently. We have had a few bad mystery shopper experiences so management are upset.

I've been thinking about the pay. Now while I think the wage is pretty decent compared to other jobs around, I really don't like the fact if you are older you get paid more. I'm not keen on how someone can be doing the same job but because they are older - gets paid more. Yes they have families etc to support so need the money, but maybe I might too? I don't but it is possible.

Oh well. I've woken up to the problems in the world of work.

On a personal note....I was getting ready for work and had laptop on the desk. I walked away from it, and tripped on the power cable. The laptop fell flat on its front/face, and was literally a millimetre away from a 3 pin plug, which would have definitely knackered the screen if it had hit it. I couldn't believe how lucky I was, the laptop escaped with no injuries. I must be more tidy from now on.

No comments: