Thursday 30 November 2006

It's a 'little' hot.

Some people are idiots.

We have three cups c-c-c-cool, h-h-h-hot cups (that's what they say on them) and some branded coffee ones. Wow it is simple but some people don't get it.

I'm round the back. I stick my go and stand out on the front to see if I need to serve. I spot this woman. Looking sheepish.

This is what she said:

"Erm...can I have another cup - this one is a little hot"

What I wish I could have said:

"Yeah it will be you twirp, you've used a c-c-c-cold cup for hot chocolate, and because you are greedy pressed hot chocolate again after the first time it wasn't full up. Then the hot liquid you so desperately needed was spilt all over you, the machine and the floor. So here is the mop and blue roll - clean it up. And NO you can't have another cup. Moron."

What I had to say if I wanted to keep my job:

"Oh thats no problem. Let me just get you another cup - would you like a hot or cold drink?....Here you go - no problem!"

Oh. And the couple who I swear to god I didn't serve came storming up to the counter going

"ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME! This is chicken and I ordered veg because I am VEGETARIAN. I AM VEGETARIAN AND I'VE JUST EATEN CHICKEN. BUT I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS CHICKEN BECAUSE I'VE NEVER TASTED IT!" *stares at me*

Funny thing was.....she had NONE of the pizza left, just a tiny bit of spat out chicken.

Apologies all round, offers of free food, giving out of free food. They left looking reasonably happy, so hopefully they won't take it any further. It might have been my fault, it might not have been. I don't know.

We have been getting very busy recently. Every day seems busier the closer we get to Christmas. There has been some excellent team work though on the past few shifts, and it really helps speed up things and build confidence in each other. Yeah. Something like that.

My feet feel like they may drop off at any minute, so I'm off to read some blogs in bed! Have a nice weekend readers (if any..!)

:-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up. Its amusing me!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog on a regular basis. Thanks for the entertainment.

Suzy Scott said...

Hello... I liked your insights into your world! I work in a technical support call centre, and occasionally something vauge (or just downright stupid!) enough happens that I can add it to my blog! Kind regards, Suzy.

Anonymous said...

Loving the blog. Sometimes at my McDonalds you get these randoms who come up and say something like 'EXCUSE ME, (like we're deaf or something) I ordered a Big Mac and this is a Quarter Pounder.' There's usually a tiny little protion of burger left in the box they show to me. I then reply 'Mmm, seems like you've eaten it all. Didn't you realise what kind of burger you were eating, no? (in the nicest way possible) Then they'd say 'No I didn't. Can I get my big mac now?' I'd then carefully and calmly explain the differences between the two burgers without sounding patronising and then when the fake ones sense we're smarter than they thought they retreat or pretend they're going to another staff member. Oh my god. It's not like we can't tell what they ordered anyway. Usually a quick 'can I ask who odered you' gets rid of the not so genuine guys. Sometimes there are genuine people who have mistakenly bitten into something they didn't order but then there are idiots who are trying to get a free lunch, on top of the other one they just had!