Wednesday 14 March 2007

Rollerskating in shopping centres

First off. No one ever rollerskates round shopping centres do they? No. But now they do - with Heelys. I have to be honest they look fun but they are dangerous. We have ceramic tiles on the floor - they look lovely but they are so dangerous, they're not even textured - nice 'n' smooth... You WILL crack your head open if you fall or slip over on them. For this reason I do not like children riding round in Heelys. It isn't really their fault, it is the parents' stupidity in allowing them to it. But if they start rolling round in our unit, I will tell them to not do it. They are all so innocent and say "Why?" "Because you might slip or knock someone over." "I won't though" "Just don't ride round in here please.." - then a horrid stare at me from them. I stare at them back - they then ride off - buggers!

A customer today was a bit of moron, and was demanding something we simply didn't have in. I just noticed she looked a spitting image of Kim from Kath and Kim.

A new £20 note was launched today (I think). I was a bit like "Eh...we don't take these vouchers" with the first one I got! They look quite pretty and have quite a few more security features. I like them and wanted one but I didn't have another £20 to swap it with. I am going armed with an old £20 next time. You can read the BBC story on it here.

5 comments:

Al said...

I haven't seen one yet (I don't work Wednesday or Thursday and I live in a cupboard) so I'll have to look out for them tomorrow.

Heelys are banned in our store. Doesn't stop them though.

Arriva Driver said...

I want to see one of these new £20.

I might have to pop into the bank and demand one - very carefully of course, probably handing them my card at the same time would prevent me being arrested.

Spider said...

Kath and Kim, he,he.
Just stick your foot out as the kids roll by.

David said...

I got one, looked at it, turned it over, held it up to the light, wondered who Adam Smith was, pointed out I hadn't heard we were getting new £20 notes. The passenger found the right change so I had to give it back.

PS we don't tell kids on the bus with rollerblades on. Some of their socks smell awful.

Al said...

I had a few yesterday, they're weird. Not like 'proper money' at all.