Tuesday 8 May 2007

"Excuse me...."

Approx 30 year old woman,
The end of the conversation about the kids meal...
"No it does come with fries - it says pizza OR fries and dippers"
"It says pizza and fries"
"It doesn't...sorry...you can buy them extra"

Off she goes - and fetches her mother (presumably)
"EXCUSE ME - THAT MEAL DOES COME WITH FRIES"
"NO it does not - it is PIZZA OR FRIES AND DIPPERS. ONE OR THE OTHER"
"IT SAYS PIZZA AND FRIES"
"No, it says pizza OR fries and dippers" - Pointing at the word OR on the menu.
"You are wrong"
"No really, I'm not..."
"Whatever - this place is load of rubbish anyway!"

I don't care what people think of the place really, but to have with was quite a long discussion/argument about the fries which no, you don't get, with me the person who works there. I can read the menu perfectly well unlike you and speak fluent English unlike you. Grr.

The bank holiday meant we were busy busy busy and understaffed but today it was dead dead dead. A customer asked me if we'd been busy - as he looked around the empty shopping centre.

Recently we have had a lot of management, and external people coming in and going "Yeah it's perfectly clean but I can't give you 100% because, well we just don't give them - so I'll knock off 3% because you don't have any coat hooks"

Also, the hot weather has bought out the gypos and chavs for ice cream and drinks
These are some of the problems:
  • Leaving the ice cream machine jammed on so it pours everywhere
  • Not buying an ice cream but using the machine anyway
  • Not buying an ice cream but using the machine anyway and just dropping it on the floor
  • Pouring sauce directly onto the floor
  • Putting ice cream in fry bags and then using them as 'ice cream bombs'
  • Using a McDonalds cup on our machine and then getting abusive when we say you can't
  • Swearing at us when we say, no, you've caused problems before so we're not serving you
  • Refusing to leave the store when asked - saying "It's public property I'll stay here if I want!". Yeah sure it is mate - public property Pizza Hut pay thousands of pounds a month for??

All of these problems have had to be dealt with by security who have removed people. It's so silly though, all of these problems over a 99p ice cream - but sorry if you are a prick and cause problems to us or the customers we want (ie. children using the ice cream machine not a possy of 15 year old dirty chavs) then we won't stand for it.

Sorry about my posts being about ice cream and the kids meal so often - it just happens so often!

3 comments:

Arriva Driver said...

Ive already given up on retail, but I don't know how you can keep going.

I know that it is so frustrating having to explain facts to people who are blatently wrong, yet they seem to think that they know more about the products that you do.

I used to get irate when it was always the same people who caused crap for me.

Maybe they should be given a job, either that or they are secret shoppers, who intend to cause problems to see how I react and I have just thrown my company in the crap.

Ah well, none of that anymore... No, wait, we get secret passengers now. Oh man...

D said...

I'm getting really irritated with guests who try to tell me what the menu says and doesn't say. It can be quite entertaining though.

I like the American guests who always seem to think they can mix and match bits of the menu to create their meal. Most of the time we just say no, it's not that kind of menu. Sometimes though, we agree to it but tell them just how much it will cost to have the poussin (off the restaurant menu) instead of cod (off the bar menu)...

Anonymous said...

So has the new till come yet?