Saturday 12 May 2007

Shouting

I was cleaning the lobby (area with drinks machines, icf, condiments etc) and I heard this:

"Oi doowahahahyaahahaywaywyahaknowhyughughtheykhnareclosed?"
I'm thinking - that voice seems directed at me...was what ever he just said to me? I look round and bloody hell it is.

"Sorry I couldn't hear you - are you ok?"
His face is blank, but with staring eyes.
"WHY ARE THEY CLOSED?"
"Eh?"
"I RANG THEM AND THEY SAID THEY WERE OPEN UNTIL 8"
"You mean ____?"
"YES WHAT ELSE WOULD I BE TALKING ABOUT?!! Do you know why they are closed?"
"No...I think they normally close at this time anyway"
"WHAT"
"I think they always close at this time"
"Well come on you should bloody know - you work there!" -
"I don't work there...I work here" as I walk in the little door to the other side of the counter.
"I KNOW THAT" (Reminder: he said I worked THERE as I was cleaning PIZZA HUT) "Surely you should know why they are shut?"
"No sorry"
"Do you have the managers mobile number?"
"No...we don't"
"COME ON YOU MUST HAVE IT"
I just blinked at him.
"ARRRRRRRRRGH ANOTHER WASTED JOURNEY"

I was left thinking - what the hell just happened there, I think I just got shouted at because the neighbours closed on time.

Also...about the till - they are forever finding excuses why they can't do it - this is coming from the people who supply the equipment who I'd have thought would be more than willing to get the job done for the ££££ Pizza Hut are willing to pay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people are just too stupid, they will not take no for an answer.

Arriva Driver said...

"Do you have the manager's mobile number?"

"Umm... Yeah, hold on, ive got it here just incase of a situation like this. I also have his fax, address and a copy of his passport if you require them too."

I mirror what Mr Mad said.