Thursday 24 May 2007

I spoke too soon

I arrive at work..."Do you mind doing some potwash for a bit?" "Yeah no prob."

So I do that. The first load doesn't look too clean, so I smash the lid down again - it finishes, and the stuff is still filthy. Okay not a problem I think, I'll drain it and put it on a cleaning cycle. I pull out the huge plug thing, and wait. It wasn't draining, so I now have to get all this filthy 90 degree water out by hand. Well, with the assistance of cups and tupperware. I finally get it drained and the next stage is to pour a massive amount of bleach (it's dishwasher detergent) down it and prod with a large metal rod to get the grime out. I then see the problem, it has ran out of detergent and immediately after the person who asked me to do the potwash came over and went "Oh yeah...did I say it was blocked up and needed some more detergent?" "No you didn't" "Sorry" "It's ok you can't help it that you are special".

So I did that and it worked like a dream, in the process of that little issue, I cut my finger so I put a blue plaster on.

I then went to do 'cut' which is taking pizzas from the oven, cutting them and then putting them in the 'hot hold'...
In the previous post I mentioned about the lack of burns. Today though I burnt myself FOUR times, all on seperate occasions and in different places on my hands and forearms. I certainly spoke too soon in a similar fashion to bus driving and witnessing accidents.

2 comments:

Arriva Driver said...

I did the exact same thing today.

I was talking to my mentor as to how I havent had to come close to bumping anything in my driving experience...

3 times today (all not my fault I add) people tried to stick one into the side of my bus...

Typical :)

Anonymous said...

You were called special,I think you are special, you did more than was told you, you are the one facing the general public every day,facing God's know what. This person calling you name's is he facing the public every day, I have a funny feeling the answer to this no.Keep on blogging.