Monday 14 May 2007

It could be read both ways!

Ugh I had another arguement with someone today about the fries with the kids meal. Apparently it can be read 'both ways' - I understood the menu first time I read it, why can't most other people.

See what you think: click here


I was watching a colleague making the salads, and I noticed him throwing away what I call the 'heart' of a lettuce - the middle bit...and I asked him why...he said he didn't like it so he always throws it out! I always thought the heart was the nicest part.

A child was pouring his Tango, and Tango always has a huge froth/head/bubbles compared to the other drinks and his mother shouted at him "BE CAREFUL YOU IDIOT". He hadn't spilt anything until that point...but it made him jump and he made a bit of a mess on the counter and the floor. He looked at me with a 'sorry, shes the idiot' face - and she was.

Oh and I saw someone 'draining' their pizza of the moisture/fat which comes out of them when cut. This bloke had waited for a new pizza because I one I showed him he called 'too dry'...and then he was annoyed when it was too damp - not much we can do when fat comes out of the meat, and the moisture shows it is fresh.

10 comments:

caramaena said...

You know, if it were just the words then I'd say it *could* be taken two ways but with the picture? Nope, very obvious that the fries only come with the chicken dippers.

Anonymous said...

says so much about the chav-trash that feeds its spawn at Pizza Hut that they would expect fries with a pizza....

Keep it up

Arriva Driver said...

Maybe it could read...

Choose either a 6" margherita on its own or 3 chicken dippers with fries.

Looks nice though...

How much does the pizza sell for?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Caramaena - if it were just in words, then yes you could well misunderstand...

But the picture makes it pretty clear.

Like your colleague my missus hates the heart of the lettuce...which makes the fact it's also my favourite part all the more fortunate, (bet you really wanted to know that!).

Anonymous said...

hey - not a comment on this post but just a general "keep it up mate"! you'll come out on the other side!x

Plymothian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Plymothian said...

A comma before the "or" would sort out any confusion but the very large picture makes it perfectly clear!

Anonymous said...

If I saw that sign without having read your posts, I think I'd read it as meaning you could have pizza and chips. The picture could be clearer - maybe if the board was split in half using different coloured backgrounds it would be better, or with some sort of border around the pizza and around the chicken & chips?
Having said that, I doubt I'd care enough to get into an argument about it!

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Hmm if the fries were seperate from the dippers, I could understand the confusion.

Kids meal is £2.49 with a margherita and drink.

Margherita pizza on it's own is £2.69 - so anyone who says it is not a good deal without the fries, I give them that fact.

Al said...

It's definitely clear enough when you have the time to sit and look at the picture. However, your average customer probably only glances at the menu and sees the pizza and fries on the same section so thinks they get both.

Definitely not worth getting into an argument about though, especially when it's very clear when you look at it properly.