Wednesday 30 May 2007

Ordering ketchup and liars

I don't really know why this bothered me so much but, it did:
"Can I have a pizza meal and ketchup?"
I just thought - why do you put the request for ketchup in the main part of your order? Most people ask for it after...the way you asked was like it was some form of side order.

Had a bit of an issue with the vouchers. The voucher is buy a single pizza, get another single pizza free. It is not, buy a pizza meal get a single pizza free. In the voucher booklet, you get two of the BOGOF vouchers. So when someone tells you they have had a free pizza with a pizza meal, twelve times in the last few weeks and no one has ever said no, I know they are lying. Unfortunately I can't call customers liars to their face, but when say "Are you calling me a liar?" it is tempting to say yes but infact I said "I'm just telling you the facts. We have been told what the rules are for the vouchers, maybe someone did it differently for you before but I will not do it this time.". They also claimed to havebeen in at the weekend and got a free pizza with a meal and said he was served by "an Asian girl". We don't have any Asian girls.

Oh and man in a mobility scooter came up to the counter. I say came up - he crashed into the metal sign at what I think must have been full speed, reversed and rode off to McDonalds without saying a wordbut with a red face. We stood there, first shocked and then bursting out laughing so I walked off to eat the jellies from dolly mixture. That was my day!

2 comments:

Al said...

Vouchers of any kind tend to be a pain. There are always some who simply just don't read the stipulations and those who do read them but ignore them in the hope that they can get what they want anyway.

One thing we have a lot is people paying for their photos then going to shop but getting a voucher for us at the till. They can't use it until their next transaction because they've already paid. The number of people who try and don't seem to understand that I can't take money off a transaction that happened over an hour ago is unreal.

Some of those people on mobility scooters are downright dangerous.

AggressiveAdmin said...

About 3 years ago, somebody on a mobility scooter drove about 10 yards from the kiosk counter where I work before stopping to faff about putting their money away. When they came to move off again, they did so in reverse and flew right back into the counter. The huge dent remained there until the counter was ripped out two weeks ago :)