Wednesday 20 September 2006

Busy!

Hello - it's been busy today - but my till was STILL RIGHT!! At this rate I'll never have to pay out...chuffed. But there haven't been any nasty customers, which is what you want to read about...but I think I can make up for this, if only slightly with the idiots.

The first set of people - foreigners. I like foreigners, they are some different and interesting. But after telling them £3.99 around 7 times before - the eighth time, my teeth were slightly gritting (is that the right phrase - if not please comment). Oh no. Now this group have decided when they bought their GBP, they'd get them all in £50. No problem except my float only starts at £100 and giving change for two £50s just isn't possible - have to request more change...takes time, queue builds up..ugh.

So it is very busy, the busiest I've had to deal with it. BOH now decide it is time to do some potwash...nice - thanks I'll serve these 10 customers with 4 pizzas. Yell for more of everything. 6 minutes wait time. People now think it is a perfect opportunity to lie and try and get free food. i asked a man, "Did you have a Fruitshoot with your meal?" "NO I DIDN'T!" So he doesn't get one, then exactly one minute later the same man is there. "Can I have my Fruitshoot for my daughter please?" "Can I see your receipt sir?" "Threw it away" "I did ask you if you ordered a Fruitshoot before, so sorry I won't be able to give you one - although you can buy one for 99p". He left without any fuss - so was a liar.

OH - nearly forgot about this one - some thing of unknown gender, race, nationality, age, bought a drink and asked for "ghff". "Pardon?" "erig - do you have any eriotb;ver". "Sorry I can't hear you" "DO YOU HAVE ANY ICE - I AM SPEAKING ENGLISH FOR GODS SAKE". "No" was my reply, short and blunt like that. Only rude person of the day.

Then, there are the idiots. Idiots are those who cannot tell the difference between an ice cream, cold, and hot drink machine. But today, not children - fully grown adults. Man came back to the counter complaining his cup had fell apart when he put hot chocolate in it. He'd used a cold drink cup - moron. Manager was clever with him, he didn't get another cup - but was offered to buy another - serves him right. Then there is the man in a suit - so presumably a professional person, who seemed to think he could somehow extract Pepsi from the 'Ice Cream Factory'. Incase you were wondering, he didn't manage it - so I gave him another cup.

Then...there were the friendly customers who really do cheer you up. If they are relaxed and happy with me, I'll be the same back. I gave someone a cup when they actually wanted orange juice. The lady just smiled at me, I looked at her...and went "Whoops...you don't want that" and gave her the orange. This process because of the friendliness went without fuss and took around 5 seconds. But with a surly person, the process takes longer as I have to do a lot of apologising "blah blah blah". I feel that the person who was friendly got a much better experience, and will return again.

Clean up today was easyish, no muffin errors - I had one though! :-) McDonalds grumpy again, we offered them a swap of food, they didn't get back to us. The shutters were down - horrid place.

Tomorrow is my last shift of the week - then after that it will be Monday. Please feel free to ask any questions about Pizza Hut you may have...! Any special photo requests etc?!

Please comment if you are reading...as I don't trust my stats!

No comments: