Friday 15 September 2006

Tiring but enjoyable

Sorry for not blogging last night - was very tired as I had to do all FOH, which will be normal next week - that's not a problem anyway. Infact doing all of it is very satisfying - looking at your work!!

No really interesting customers yesterday, except this extremely smelly family. Literally all 4 of the family stunk, no wonder they wanted 8 pizzas for 4 of them - they were all rather large. No problem with large people, I'm not exactly thin, but large and stinking like you've been rolling round in cow pat all day just isn't nice. They were also rude. So large, smelly and rude - not a good combination - I can't imagine anyone outside their family could possibly like them.

Was taught how to use the mop, its one with a scouring pad in the middle and how I must fan out the mop head to save money. Coffee machine was in place, already with things written on it with black marker pen as someone had order the wrong thing and the spare parts will take around a month to arrive. Plus it's huge - and apparently - really nice coffee. Its Douwe Egberts - post eh?

Till was right again today, I thought it was up when I counted it first, and indeed it was at the end too. But I had told the managers (2 managers and me today...scary!!) before hand, so they were aware it would be over. Being over is better than being under.

Ran out of some pizzas dead early today, to do a cock up in the morning - KFC weren't very happy when it came to swapping left over food! Discovered how McDonalds like to play it - no food given away at end of night, no free drinks for staff - no nothing - staff from their come to us to get the free refills.

Please comment if you're reading, or if you know how to get a page counter!!

3 comments:

Raspberry Fool said...

Hi, I'm really looking forward to reading this as it develops...

If by page counter you mean some kind of stat add-on to track visitor numbers and details try statcounter.com which I use and have had no trouble with. I suspect that most of the free stat providers are much of a muchness. This one provides what I'm looking for, reliably, and it is easy to install - if you're in doubt let me know.

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Thanks for your enthusiasm :-). My aim is to post after each day - whether or not any particularly rememberable or interesting happened. That way hopefully people will know I update regularly...and also I can keep it as a diary for myself.

Thanks for your help with the stats thing, just put it on now - so will see what happens!

Warrior Knitter said...

Sounds like you're doin' a good job.

Most of us are amazed when we can come to a fast food type of resturant &

the staff is polite

ready to do their job

the place is clean with the tables bussed

you get the food you ordered in a timely manner

Not much to ask, but sometimes even getting 1 out of the above list is pushin' it for some places.

Sounds like you're on the right track.