Tuesday 12 September 2006

Ha! I'm perfect!

First thing I need to get out - remember yesterday the till was out £10? Well I'm dead chuffed, one because I now have my own card and username, my name is printed on customers receipts and...my till was today perfect - to the penny!!! So who was it yesterday? :-

Anyway, pretty much the same as yesterday - but I've learnt to call out the items when they're running out, but I don't like shouting, seems rude but they're all used to it.

Cleaned behind the drinks machine - it was so sticky, not been done for ages by the looks of it, no one will notice it was done but hey I feel better for doing it.

Gripes with colleague. Told to empty bins by my equal (not superior!), I say why bother when there will be more rubbish before the end of day - this is dismissed, and am told to empty it now and not bother later. End of day comes, manager comes round. "Are you going to empty these bins?" "Already did as -------- instructed". "Do them again". So I've now done double the work for no reason - will not be doing this again.

Customers!
CC/DC machine was today changed to chip and pin (we're really up to date ehh?), but someones broke it already - so that was out of order. Now it seems every other order they want to pay by card. No problem normally but the machine is bust!! They have two alternatives however...and these are both explained in this incident.

"Can I pay by Visa?"
"Normally you can sir, but today the machine is out of order so it is cash only"
"Oh right, I've not got any cash on me - are there any cash points?"
"There is one over there *points* and two outside next to -----".
"Ok no problem, I'll just get some"
"I'll keep your food warm here"

Customer comes back
"That bloody machine charges £1.75!"
"Oh sorry about that, you could try the machines next to -----"
"No just cancel my order"

Argh! Luckily that only happened once, the other times they either had cash on them, borrowed some, or used the free cash machines.

Had some Jewish people in as well...
"What's the supreme got on it"
"Explain, mentioning pepperoni"
"No ham?"
"No ham sir"
"I'll take that then please"

Few minutes goes by
Angry man standing at counter frightens me as I appear from restocking the under counter fridge.
"This pizza has ham on it!"
"Ever so sorry, do you mind if I have a look so I can swap it for you?"
No ham in sight, pepperoni on it though - not been bitten into.
"There isn't ham on this variety of pizza, only pepperoni"
"Pepperoni IS HAM!"

I really couldn't be bothered to argue so swapped it and threw the other one away. But sorry, in Pizza Hut terms - HAM IS HAM!

Will see what tomorrow brings..still enjoying it.

3 comments:

Raspberry Fool said...

Hi, thank you for the comment and for the link which I am in the process of reciprocating. Good luck with the blog.

Anonymous said...

You're off to a great start, I'll definitely be back.

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Phew - someone is reading it! :)