Saturday 30 September 2006

Do I know you?

Umm quite an interesting shift last night - and being a Friday it was reasonable busy. PS - I was paid yesterday after 3 weeks! I should be paid weekly but anyway...my till was down 50p last night, whoops. I need it to be right next time...for self esteem reasons! Once again apologies for late posting, I am too tired to post after work - but then again you don't know which days I work - so I suppose this could be tonights post? Well anyway it's last night's!

So I've been there over two weeks, and for whatever reason I decided to give someone who ordered chicken wings, chicken dippers. I pretty sure I haven't done this before, just had a mental lapse. So sorry folks, sometimes we just get it wrong - not delibrately. But I have never given out the wrong pizza..have to be careful there, ie. giving a vegetarian a meat pizza - could be big problems.

When I arrived we'd already run out of muffins, which was annoying - missed a few upsells, as coffee is £1.39 but with a muffin is only £1.69.

So the customers today:

One woman (not lady in this case) wanted a special doing. She was adament that she wanted that and nothing else so I shouted it to BOH so it would be ready as soon as possible, before receiving payment as she had other parts to her order. Anyway, at the end of her order - she decides she no longer wants that special as she has decided on something else. I explained the pizza was already cooking, but she was having none of it. So that pizza was pulled out of the oven and chucked away, waste of time and money.

Then there were the grannies - all very pleasant, this time, and they are easy targets for upselling as they love to agree with the knowledgable employee. Lovely grans these were, so I thought they were worth a mention.

Then there was this child who wanted MUSTARD with PIZZA. Sorry we don't do mustard. Weird.

Then there was the child (aged approximately 5) who said "Do I know you?" I replied "No I don't think so, do you?" "Yes". Yeah, most of my peers are 5 year olds...

Oh and as I little note, I write key customers on a scrap of receipt while I'm working, so I can remember them - because there are too many little incidents to remember them - and I've wrote something like "Movdes" but I now have no idea what this is - so if you have any ideas please say so.

We had an extreme rush of orders for hawaiian, around 15 in 20 minutes, which is a lot for us. People were waiting all over the place and the problem was I couldn't say "Are you waiting for the hawaiian?" Because they all were!! And not one of them wanted to budge on having it either.

Oh dear, and back to children again (PS: I DO like children - honest), but over today I put out 3 new ice cream sauce bottles out of 4. They were all empty, so they needed replacing. We actually get through it rather quickly (in a similar way we got through a 2 boxes of 500 in each, little milk things in a week - but only sell around 30 hot drinks a day). But by close, ALL of them were covered in sauce, and all 3 of the new bottles had their lids broken off. In a matter of hours, they were all knackered. Children.

Then today I noticed today why I have to clean the external stainless steel sign everyday - it is caked in hand prints - all over it, including right near the floor! How is that actually possible? I don't know, but it's true.

I then took the drip tray out of the coffee machine. What the hell has happened here? This tray is not small, it is huge, probably with about a 4l capacity - and it FULL of water! It has to yanked out, so their is water everywhere, and I'm dripping all over the place where customers walk, and their faces all turn sour. Then getting through to the sink is like a circus trick, so more spillages along the way.

Then to top of the night - a customer asked if they could buy some mayo. I said " Sorry we don't sell it, but I can give you some" "Well I don't mind paying". Dear oh dear, I'll just press the invisable 'mayo sachet' button shall I? I gave her a handful (ie about 10 sachets) and she went off very chuffed. Ahh well...someone was happy today.

Anyway! Next post will be Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for reading...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, there was someone who wanted to PAY for something they get for FREE? Isn't it supposed to be the other way round?

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, makes excellent reading - behind the counter info. Keep up the entertainment. mx