Tuesday 26 September 2006

Monday - Tap/Cup/Hot

Ahh sorry for not blogging yesterday about Mondays events. I will blog twice tonight. My general updates - till was DOWN today, 1p. Yes - one pence. I located it in the bottom of the cash tray, so in effect I wasn't down. Cracking. Discovered a few bits of personal information about my manager, but that really isn't interesting. I will be writing as if I had posted this on Monday, as I find that easier...

A few interesting events today - the first is the cup stealer.
This moron aged around 14-15 is apparently a repeat offender. He comes along and just fancies his chances of stealing a cup to get a drink. He attempted this, and got away with it until he got to the drinks machine. I shouted over for him to pay for it. He just threw the cup away and walked off. Not worth the hassle doing much else.

Then there are kids around 12-13 years old, who want tea. Why do they want tea? Because it is 30p cheaper than a soft drink, so they go off and fill up their tea cup with soft drink. Not today however, they bought their tea and attempted to fill with soft drink. Why are they so stupid, they are idiots and I ALWAYS (they are repeat customers - almost every day) watch them. Told them not to. So they went to get a tea - what they had originally bought. But they can't handle the press the button once and wait theory. They stared at me when their cup was over flowing the boiling water. I asked "Did you press the button twice?" "No" Their innocent faces said. Yeah right, so why exactly do you have a muddy football in a shopping centre and are kicking it round? They were not nice children. Didn't help them, I'm not scolding myself for them - they are rude and less than sweet smelling.

Talking about smells - do some people really not realise how much they stink? Ugh some are just disgusting.

Kids meals - 12 and unders only. Bent the rules twice today due to sweet faces - and people saying they are 12 - who am I to argue (well I do if they are grumpy).

I am now starting to notice repeat customers. There is this one chap, he is very timid and friendly. He studies the menu everytime - but always orders the same thing - not a meal, just a singular pizza. Now this is not really an issue, I find it amusing. But what I find amusing/annoying - is 3 times now, he has asked for tap water. We do not do tap water, and you'll find most restaurants don't. A few reasons:
  1. We want you to buy a mineral water because we make a huge profit on it
  2. Who knows what tap water has in it, I wouldn't drink it so these is no way I'll allow a customer to have some.
  3. Go to the sink in the toilets if you are insistant on tap water, it all comes from the same feed.
I will now post about todays events...(Tuesday!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree with the comment about tap water. Most restaurants do serve jugs of tap water, usually with ice and lemon if desired, for free. I'd much rather drink tap water that's tested for purity than imported bottled water (how much do you trust the standards of public health in Fiji or the Maldives?) and dare I mention Coca-Cola's ability to bottle water?

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

I understand the point about restaurants giving out tap water, as they will have a requirement to have drinking water on tap - we do not, we are a fast food restaurant, as we are not the 'traditional' Pizza Hut. We have two sinks. One for potwash, one for hand washing, cleaning and filling up mop buckets. It would be pretty unhygienic to get water to drink from these. Sorry, but fast food restaurants simply cannot do it - I think you'd struggle to find one which would. I'll get the origin of our water tomorrow. My post about yesterday will follow shortly.

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Oh and we are owned by YUM! who have close links with Pepsi Co. so it is unlikely that we will ever serve any Coca Cola products - including Dasani. ;-)