Tuesday 24 April 2007

General weirdness

Hmm today my shift went quite quick, probably because it was half busy and the weirdos were out.

The first one I got was when cleaning the lobby area:

"Oooo this Pepsi is DELICIOUS!"
"Oh right...good...you can have refills"
"Wow - that is fantastic - this is the most delicious Pepsi I have ever tasted"
"Ok..."

What the hell was that about - the thing is, she was in her 50s and was actually being sincere about what she was saying.

The next one I had was about tea.

"What tea is it..?"
"Erm..its Twinings"
"God no, thats awful!"
"Huh?"
"That Twinings stuff is terrible."
"I'll just show you box so you can check.."
I get the box out
"PUT IT AWAY - HIDE IT - PUT IT AS FAR BACK AS POSSIBLE, I'll just stick with Tango please."

Another - what the !?

Then I had a guy from McDonalds who I spoke to just once before, came up and start chatting about how he'd had a beer on his break. Do I care? No - I don't even know your name - bugger off and flip some burgers.

Then I had a woman bark at me - like really shouting when ordering things. I can hear you thanks, no need to bark. She used no manners so I tried not to use any - but it is very difficult and I feel very rude when I don't - so she got "Thanks. Bye"

No I will not give you pepperoni on a kids meal. No you cannot 'upgrade' it. Don't moan at me, I can give you what is on my till and will only ever give you something not on it if I either: like or know you or you've waited a long time so need a bit of 'compensation'.

Oh and then at the end of my shift, these odd children came along and were attempting to do ICF themselves. Approx a 6 year old, lifting up a 2 year old to get the machine - she was really struggling and in the process making a hell of a mess. The parents are no where to be seen - arrrrgh!

No comments: