Tuesday 3 April 2007

WELL DONE

This is my 92nd post. Soon I'll reach 100 posts...

Today a man asked for his pizza 'well done' like he's at some posh restaurant ordering fillet steak! I said they were already made, showed them to him - he liked them, so thats £7.98 in my till! Brilliant.

The brainiacs at Imperial Place are on to a winner with the new menu they've introduced. The Pepperoni feast is very popular, and the double your fries deal for 30p has increased average spend by around 20p - that's a lot of money each year for Pizza Hut..more bonuses for the managers, and if we're VERY lucky maybe some Capital Bond vouchers for us. They've nicked the Whitbread discount from us though, apparently we're getting a new Pizza Hut one - hmm!

I had another one of these idiots in who likes to complain about the prices. I don't set them, I don't care what you think to be honest about them - I get what I want for free or if I'm not working at the time, for 50%, so it will never be expensive to me thanks.

Basically the new menu has changed the kids meal...although it is better it has made it difficult for the simpler people to understand. I don't think this guy was simple, just a bit odd:

"I don't really think fries and chicken dippers is a very substantial meal for kid."
Thinking "Me neither" Said - "Oh...well you do get a drink, or have a pizza instead - and add a dessert for 50p"
"WELL IT IS ALL JUNK FOOD!"
Thinking - "YES IT BLOODY IS!!" Said - Nothing
"Well I want the pepperoni on the kids meal"
"You can only have margherita on the kids meal"
"WHY ON EARTH IS THAT"
"Because it is only £2.49 and it is a kids meal afterall"
"Well kids meals should be cheaper than an adults meal!"
"A kids meal is actually cheaper than buying a pizza on its own.."

They then told me what they wanted (oh yes he had a approx. 7 year old daughter with him)...

I told them it would work out cheaper if they had a pizza meal.
"WELL THAT WAS WHAT I WAS GOING TO HAVE - IT IS NOT FOR KIDS!"
"It is cheaper like that, and you don't get a toy or anything in the kids meal anyway"
"I think Pizza Hut in general is just ripping people off you know."
"Oh well, if.."
"THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER PIZZA PLACES YOU KNOW!"
Thinking - "Oh really can you name any other chain that has 700+ stores in the UK? :-)"
He then wanted a 'special' pizza making. In a FSR this isn't a problem, in Express it isn't really a problem either but I wasn't keen on him.
"We have 5 set pizzas so that the pizzas are ready instantly." I pointed to the "READY TO GO" sign while saying "This is Pizza Hut Express."
"This is bloody stupid. I am not going to eat what YOU want me to, I will eat what I want to."
"Shall I cancel your order?"
"YES - COME ON ----- WE WILL GO TO A PROPER PIZZA RESTAURANT!"

So off they went...probably spent about 15 quid in our neighbouring FSR!

Eww and finally, we had a group of 7 chav scum in today, I hate them with a passion now. They think because they've bought a 99p ICF they own the place and can demand what they want. When I said no they couldn't have a 4th spoon, they said "I'll report it to your manager then!" - ok you do that, he is the one who just turned off the ICF to stop you and your nasty dirty crew making a mess and being general scabs. Arrrgh.

Did I ever post about the guy who wanted his pizza wrapped in 2 boxes and 2 bags because he was afraid it would fall out, then was complaining that the boxes were 'crap' along with the fries which were 'shit'? I can't remember now...

4 comments:

Arriva Driver said...

Ive not been in the local FSR since the new menu arrived, so im yet to see it. Mind you, im the easiest customer ever. Simple margherita is all I ask for! Mmmm, man im hungry now.

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Ooo I don't know if FSR have a new menu - we do though...we're meant to have a chocolate mousse/pudding but those who have money and power cocked it up. Luckily I have trialled them - they're great.

For FSR they are bringing back Cheesy Bites (with fondue..) in the summer, I recommend you try those on a Margherita - hmm even I'm hungry at that thought.

Arriva Driver said...

Really? I do like Cheesy Bites, I used to eat more of them than the actual pizza.

Al said...

I haven't been to a Pizza Hut in ages. May have to go there when I'm off next week.