Friday 27 April 2007

Nobody said it was easy

A lady bought a single pizza, no fries etc - and then asked for tartar sauce. Tartar sauce with pizza - just plain margherita. Does anyone else think that's a bit weird?

A distressed lady then came up to the counter and asked for some napkins because she had "picked up the cup and the drink just went everywhere". I gave her a few and said that we don't clean up outside the store, so get one of the staff to clean up the rest. "Well I can't see anyof the staff to help!". I pointed to the three staff all wearing bright t shirts with the name of the shopping centre on clearing tables. Durr. Then I saw them cleaning it up, and the woman moved table. They were there for ages cleaning it up so it must have been a massive mess. Then she came back had a little rant about how flimsy the cups were. I explained the idea is you put a lid on them so they are stronger, she then ranted about how she didn't see the lids...they are right next to the drinks machine.

The hot weather seems to have made people go a bit crazy, I'm sure I've seen people wearing pyjamas.

Then at the end of the night, I was cleaning up some sticky substance from the wall and the music in the centre was The Scientist by Coldplay. It is the first time I've noticed the music to match my thoughts with "Nobody said it was easy..." when I'm scraping this stuff off the wall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tartar sauce on a margherita, that is wierd, I usually put a spoonful of strawberry jam on mine.

Arriva Driver said...

I remember spending a whole day getting chewing gum off the floor of a shop I used to work at during my years at college.

Sticky stuff remover is a chore itself.