Sunday 22 April 2007

I like to be stubborn sometimes.

This woman (I wasn't keen on her) has just paid for her meal. Then "omg" she produces some vouchers from her handbag.

"Oh yes...and I want this free dessert"
"Ah well I needed that when you ordered and paid because now I can't put it through. Sorry"
"WHAT"
"I can't give you the dessert because it has already gone through"
"What has gone through?"
"The order, in the till"
"Oh that is everyone's excuse these days! The till, the computer - just give me the pudding!"
"Sorry, but it does say on the voucher present at time of ordering. You have already ordeded...ok..."
"Well get your manager because I'm sure he can sort this out"

I go and talk to the manager, who I explain the story to in the back with some derogatory comments as well as discussing my hours next week.

"I asked him, he said we couldn't give it out for audit reasons"
"Well can I speak to him myself!"
"Sure..!"

"Hello - _____ has explained the situation to you, so unless you want to buy another meal you cannot get the free dessert, ok."

"Hmm well that is a load of bollocks!"

She went to sit down with the rest of her gypo family.

The same woman later:

"Can I just get a cup?"
"Yeah"
"Ok thanks"
"£1.09 please"
"WHAT?!"
"We charge for the cups...you can have as many refills as you want after though"
"This whole place is a load of bollocks!"

She slammed the cup down on the counter and went off.

Later on, we had a man with a moustache in. His pizza wasn't ready - but he seemed fine to wait for it. So it was in the oven, on a conveyor, cooking - nothing we could do, and by chance 3 of us were talking at the front while he was waiting. Then he flipped:

The manager was the one replying...
"What are you lot doing??? I have been standing here waiting for 10 minutes"
"Your pizza is in the oven..they take 6 minutes.."
"WELL MAYBE IF YOU LOT WEREN'T JUST STANDING THERE IT WOULD BE READY"
"Ok....."
"It isn't just 'oookay' - stop chatting and get my pizza"
"Calm down"
"I AM CALM, but I am getting fed up of waiting"
"Ahhh it is out now"

This manager doesn't have the best customer service skills, but that makes it all the more amusing.

Also, we have all got Pizza Hut Discount Cards now. They have punctuation errors on them of course - head office produced them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew working in a Pizza Hut was so much fun,keep up the blogging.

D said...

Sometimes when working, I just like being awkward. Usually when people are being a pain in the arse.

I can't believe some people can't understand that if you give the person serving them a hard time, they're going to be deliberately awkward back!