Wednesday 25 October 2006

I WANT PIZZA

Apologies for not posting earlier in the week. My shifts so far have been around 9 hours each so I am severely knackered when I get back - but I like this, it makes me look forward to going home even more - as much as I like Pizza Hut, it is lovely to get back and just fall asleep!

This week as I'm off college, I've doing day time shifts. This is good as I get to see how it is during the day, which I don't normally get - plus meet some new people. I've so far come to the conclusion there are no bad eggs in the branch. No spit/urine/other fluids have been placed in anyones food, the place is amazingly clean from what I can see (all of it) and we are professional to each and every customer.

On the subject of cleaning, if you ever go to a fast food restaurant and think "Look at how messy/dirty it is here - I dread to think what it is like round the back" or similar then I think you are most likely wrong. Customers are filthy. I stock up and tidy the lids holder - 30 minutes later, there are fries, Pepsi, all sorts in there, with the lids all over the place. But come round the back - the place is clean and tidy - because it needs to be otherwise we'd be a hell of a lot less efficient. We do clean the front, and in the event of spillages on the floor these are immediately cleaned up - these taking priority over serving customers incase somebody decides to run along and crack open their skull on the wet tiles. Full drink spillages happened around 4 times in one hour, and this is odd as spillages are actually less common than you might think.

Customers now...

Still on spillages, a lady came up to me as I wasn't on the till and said exactly this "I've spilt a little bit of drink over there - ok?". "No problem - don't worry". She walked off. I went round with a cloth, and discovered a puddle of Pepsi - she'd obviously dropped the whole thing. I needed the 2 mops, bucket and yellow sign to deal with it.

Then from the post title - the idiots you get every hour - saying "I want a pizza" trying to push money into your hand. What the ????? What type of pizza? Do you want a meal? Do you want any... etc etc? You simply can't go to Pizza Hut and say you want 'pizza' and that is it.

Ketchup weirdos - one person wanted more ketchup after I'd given then 6 sachets. Maybe I should start saying "Do you want fries with your ketchup?" to these people.

Then the man who comes in every day (well presumably because he comes in every day I am there) orders exactly the same thing every day and also has the same work uniform on. I liked this man, thoughted he was a decent, friendly, sane type of person until today. He came in as usual, but with a absolutely ridiculous baseball cap on. He wore it wrong, it didn't suit him - and he looked a fool.

Oh and finally - many many customers do this. Go off, then come back about 10 minutes later with a half eaten pizza in their hands going "This is stone cold!". We change it first time, no quibble because it just isn't worth arguing, them writing to head office, and us getting fined. It is either £50 or about 40p. Easy choice.

I then moved from FOH* to BOH** for a change. I learnt a few new things, so stayed there until my shift ended.

I'm not sure if I'd said this before - but because sales are sky high over target (over 50%) there are extra staff on all shifts, which is nice.

*Front of House (counter)
**Back of House (kitchen)

Please continue to comment - I get very excited when I see comments in my inbox! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny when people order food then sit with it for ages like they've forgotten about it then realise it's cold and wonder why. Fools I tell ya! hee hee.