Friday 6 October 2006

Loads of customers but no money

Phew. Today was quite tiring, but I managed to get everything done, bang on time - and that is always nice. I rewarded myself with a muffin - strawberry and white chocolate, yum. To top it off my till was right.

Another customer into, who appeared to bring their piggy bank money in - around 30 coins - argh. I'm sure there are rules against this. Also, I had a really strange amount of £20 notes today. I normally finish with around 3 or 4 in my tray - but had about 15 in there today. Bit odd.

There was a filthy mess of an entire pack of McDonalds fries left outside our store today. But that isn't our responsibility - and we can't do it - so it took 2 hours for the centre janitors to deal with it. Normally they are really quick, but I think they must have been short staff today. Backfires on them in the end, as the fries when they cleaned them up were well and truly flattened onto the tiling.

And it was another crazy day for Ice Cream. I have never seen a queue for the machine - but today, the queue was around 7 to 8 people! Crazy. The machine is a proper commercial thing, but it can't cope with constant work, it needs time to freeze! At one stage we had to close it, because the mess the innocent children was making was terrible. Quick mop and clean, and reopen - it was death trap before with ice cream everywhere.

More youths were refused sale of the kids meal - ha, got £1.50 more from each of them. #

OH and then there were the Swedish tourists. Not a single one of them spoke English. They ordered eventually, then cancelled it all, then reordered - then wanted billing seperately!! Argh, luckily with have a split bill option for morons like these. Then there were the Chinese ones - they were worse. One would say one thing, the other would say something totally different. It took five attempts at saying 'Is that one meal or two?' in various volumes, formats, and with hand signals before they finally revealed they wanted THREE meals! People in the queue behind were laughing making eye contact with me - they could see the struggle I was having.

So that was that, I grabbed a pizza, muffin and 7UP and went home. Next post will be Wednesday, I'm off on a mini holiday!

And the title comes from the fact that we had an extremely high guest count per hour, but only slightly above average money at the end of night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging about work. I keep a blog with links to 100s of people who blog about their work. Pop by some time. James.