Thursday 26 October 2006

Not much to say

I've been learning some new things today, so my dealing with customers has been limited, and infact I doubt my till even took £50.

However I have noticed a new breed of people. The ones with children - who reach the front of line - and just stand there, telling off their child/ren. This one cretin held up the line so long for doing this I had to call for someone else to serve, and 3 people serving at that time is not normal.
Then there are the groups/families who like to stand in such a way it looks like they are all seperate customers. Sometimes it looks like there is a queue of about 9 or 10 people, but infact there are 2.

I am developing asbestos hands already - the manager said "You'll probably need the gloves for them" - the hot pans I was carrying with my bare hands. They weren't too hot though. I have noticed cuts on my hands and fingers - which I just can't remember when I did them.

It was dead today - so there wasn't a massive amount to do - front or back. So I was shown a few new things, such as how the pizzas are stored and put in the oven, which is more complicated than it sounds - honest.

Buh bye for tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid my family is probably guilty of the latter of those two crimes. You'll forgive me though right? Right?

I find the only thing with learning something new is that by the time you actually get to use it, a lot of the finer details have been lost. I'm trained in a number of areas, but I can't remember anything past the basics in those I haven't done for ages.