Tuesday 10 October 2006

Star

Wooo! I've been given an star of recognition this month for being a being customer focussed and efficiency on a close. I'm pretty pleased considering its my first month, and I only work P/T. That has cheered up my week. Till was right (I'm getting good at that?).

An entire chav family came in today. It was a hell of a struggle to process their order, but we got there in the end - 4 tills opens with them, but when they had finally finished their order, one of them wanted to change some pound coins into a £10, after I had just given her the pound coins. Not too much of a problem, but because now someone has lost all the till keys I have to process an entire order and then cancel it...ugh. I should have just said no.

Then there was a lady who had never been to Pizza Hut Express before, and didn't understand the concept that we only do one size pizza. "So do you do large pizzas with the meal?" "We do one size pizza - it is a 6" personal pizza". "Right I'll just have it as a 12" without the meal then" "Sorry we only do 6" "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I SEE" "So can you not do 12" pizzas?" "No" "OHHHHHHHHHH HOW AM I MEANT TO FEED 4 THEN?!?!?!?!" "You should probably go for the Feast Meal where you get 4 pizzas and 4 sides". "Right can I have that then...".

Today we sold out of muffins quite early, so that meant I could get the case cleaned up nice and early. Infact I did loads of little jobs, which no one will notice in particular but they were jobs that I didn't have to do - but did! And I got out early today, and got my pay adjusted (for the better), and had a right laugh , and got some free food. All in all a good evening.

I wonder what one day this week will go like - it is me and the RGM alone...scary. So many things could happen, he might notice bad habits.

Why isn't this posted on Wednesday? Tonight was so good I needed to post NOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. If only I could gather the same enthusiasm for my job that you have for yours.

caramaena said...

Congrats on the star of recognition :)