Friday 20 October 2006

Scrubbers

This post is from a few days ago, so there may be another one along later…

We decided to scrub the floor today. It is now very bright – it is quite amazing, I never knew it was that colour! It comes up lovely. I will now scrub it each time I mop it now – because it looks so good. Anyway, presumably by till was right as I wasn’t told it was down.

I think I may have been CHAMPS checked today. I’ll bore you with what CHAMPS means another time, but basically it is our standards, brand quality etc. It happened when a German man decided he would come up to the counter and start shouting ‘CHICKEN’. “I have already given you your chicken”. “CHICKEN” “I gave it to you with the rest of your order” “I WANT CHICKEN” “You would like to buy some chicken?” “Yes!” “I’ll just serve this gentleman and I will then get you some” Now the German man begins to mutter. So I was distracted from my CHAMPS checker. At this point I wasn’t aware it was one though. It was the final line of “Can I have a receipt?” Which sends a shiver down all Yum! Employee’s backs. Oh well – it was probably not a check, just a businessperson needing the receipt. We give receipts with every order, just incase you were wondering.

I escaped a little over the usual time, but it was worth it due to the scrubbing and the place looked in tip-top condition.

More later…(probably).
Oh and the salad – I don’t think “It’s as fresh as it’s going to get” would go down to well with many customers. Either one, because they won’t get it, or two, they will get it and will be grumpy over it.

No comments: