Thursday 5 October 2006

Well over target today

Today we were well over our daily sale target - over 30% - which is excellent. My till wanted a cash pull, but there was no time for that, so all today was a good day for the company! My till was right as well, which is always nice.

A few events today -

A woman decided she would empty the shrapnel from the bottom of her purse today, and I could see pound coins, but no, she gave me £3.99 in nothing above 50p - and there was only 3 of those. The money was bang on, but I have to count it, then sort it into into the tray. If she had just given me those pound coins, the day would have been better. She is another "I want pizza and a drink" but under no circumstance wants salad or fries for an extra 11p. There are other people who want "Pizza and fries". I always say "If you don't want a drink now, for an extra 11p you could take an orange juice, Fruitshoot or water to take home". Still says no. 11p for Tropicana OJ - bargain!

Oh and regarding the water - another person asked for tap water today - sorry we don't do it. By the way, I checked it out - it is sourced and bottled in Scotland, I can't remember the brand of it though.

I had to refuse to serve a youth today - as they wanted a kids meal and they just can't have it. Lucky though as the pizza they would have got - went to a full paying customer. No bad kids today, all lovely and sweet wanting ICF, and I kept the huge bag of chocolate buttons on the counter just to tease them! I was offered 20p for the whole bag - generous hey.

Then there were the quiet people - who looked like they were talking to each other, but were infact talking to me! When I asked them to repeat politely, they sighed and spoke in exactly the same volume.

Finally today, I was mopping up - and what the heck had happened - the BLUE tiles were BLACK! Filthy customers.

4 comments:

caramaena said...

I'm one of those people that empties the change from my wallet if I have it. I always feel sorry for the person I give it to but it's way too heavy (my handbag weighs a ton already).

It's not usually more than a dollar or two at a time though.

Raspberry Fool said...

We're the sort of place where the supervisors are constantly refilling the boxes of the operators ... customers paying by cash are usually offering us one or more big bank notes and need coinage in return. Over the course of a week we shell out thousands of pounds in 'change'.

So it works both ways, though the bloke who comes in once a fortnight and pays for his cancer sticks in pound coins (about sixty at a go) is universally dreaded.

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

I don't mind pound coins - I had to ask for £80 of them over the course of my shift, and I started with £40 of them, but it is 1 and 2ps which are the really pains.

Anonymous said...

I,m surprised you still have 1 and 2 pence. Australia got rid of 1 and 2 cent coins ages ago. 5 cents is our smallest coin.The total price just gets rounded up or down. Its much more convenient.