Tuesday 17 October 2006

Is it fresh?

Hmm I did a bit of shopping (well browsing) and the amount of children which are fascinated by Pizza Hut is strange. My top says Pizza Hut on it, so this one little fellow was like "MUM MUM - HE WORKS AT PIZZA HUT!!" "Wow - keep your voice down Terrence" (can't remember name). Then it was "Mum I want to go to Pizza Hut!"

My till was right again - ha! There is a list printed with all the shortfalls on, and my name is £0.00. Cool. Anyway, I got in. YES - we have muffins AND salad, a real novelty.

Had to refuse serve some morons who have in the past made a terrible mess with the coffee machine. They weren't too happy - but sorry this is not a public service, we decide if you get served or not. If you just make a mess by accident, no problem, but they delibrately did it. Friends of theirs apparently before I started working their, poured Pepsi onto all the lids near the machine - there are some odd people around.

We ran out of some soft drinks today (well nobody changed them), and some friends of mine popped in and were saying to me "Do you water the Pepsi down?" I thought they were joking. 3 customers later, I realised they weren't - and the Pepsi was infact water with brown colouring. Everybody was very happy to swap though - no kicking up a huge stink which has happened before.

A customer today wanted a pizza without tomato puree on the base. I've has this before, but today I thought after I saw what it looked like, ugh that looks horrid. Each to their own.

Another shrapnel customer - this time a businessman in a smart suit, well spoken. These are the normally the people who give you £20 notes for a 99p sale. And today was a good day for £5 notes. Nearly every customer was giving me them - I love £5 note customers. The reason being, the normally the most common payment is a £10 note for £3.99. To give the smallest possible change for this, you need £5 notes.

Then there was the customer who wanted a BURGER. "We don't do burgers I'm afraid" "OH
MCDONALDS DO". "We are Pizza Hut, we don't do burgers, sorry" "Fine". Weird person.

My upsells have slowed down a bit now, but I nearly always get the coffee and muffin upsell - it is a favourite of mine. Got out nice and early, and did everything to the normal standard. I discovered some filthy animals have been putting chewing gum on the underside of the counter (on the customer side of course) - so I intend to take in some form of tool tomorrow to chisel it off. I'm not quite sure what to take yet - but I will find something. I have thought of a shotgun just to shoot anyone who I catch doing it, but I feel that may result in disciplinary action.

Oh and I nearly forgot about the customer in the title. I was asked by her "Are the salads fresh?" What the hell can I answer to that? I can't say exactly say "What do you mean by fresh?" or "No they aren't fresh" They are fresh in the way that the bags of them are stored for about 3 days and the ones served are prepared from these bags in the morning of sale. I just replied with a simple "Yes" - but just thought, what kind of question is that - I am only going to say yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There really isn't any other way to respond to that question. "Sort of" wouldn't really work.

Personally I would try something like "It's as fresh as it's going to get". You may or may not want to try that...