Monday 5 February 2007

Bird flu

Incase you were worried, Pizza Hut products are not affected by the bird flu at Bernard Matthews in Suffolk. I did take a picture of the memo which was sent, but on viewing it now discovered there is a huge shadow from my hand. This is why I don't post pictures very often because I am terrible at photography. I was going to steal the notice but apparently "Other people need to know" - how rude of them!

Anyway I will transcribe (is that the word) some parts of the memo.

"In light of the outbreak of Avian Influenza at the Bernard Matthews turkey farm in Suffolk, it is important that you can confidently answer any concerns that our customer may have. Nothing is more imporant at Pizza Hut (UK) Ltd than the health and safety of our employees and customers, and we place the highest priority on providing wholesome and high quality products

We buy poultry from the most reputable suppliers and we do not buy poultry from any areas that are affected by avian influenza (including Bernard Matthews)."

It then goes on about how Pizza Hut does regular inspections etc etc and ends with

"You can therefore confidently inform our customers that our poultry products are safe to eat."

Ahh so at least you can come to Pizza Hut and enjoy some chicken because our Risks and Standards Manager says so. I took his word for it and had some chicken wings (which I vowed never to) and they were bloody lovely!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly, you do a job I decided to drop like a hot potato in 1982 - Dealing with the great unwashed.

I did think that slagging off PH and then eating their shite and saying it was nice, was a bit of a double stanard.

Who do you hate most ? PH or the public? I never eat in these places myself, overly expensive and this sode of the counter full of oiks.

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

Wow, 1982, I don't think I was even thought of then!! 25 years on, Pizza Hut has most likely significantly changed.

I did think that slagging off PH and then eating their shite and saying it was nice, was a bit of a double stanard.

I'm unsure whether that was a dig at me or yourself. Either way, I eat PH food because, I trust the health and safety of its preparation as much as I trust home cooking. The food quality isn't the best, but it isn't crap. This is not an advert, but my honest opinion of the food.

Pizza Hut are in general a good company to work, but there are no career prospects, no REAL benefits (apart from free or discounted food). I don't hate Pizza Hut, because Pizza Hut to me is the store I work at - which has a small and friendly team. Everyone knows everyone. There is no bureaucratic behaviour, we are a team with no twats to mess it up.

I don't hate the public really, because mostly, they are normal and nice. Even if someone stank, was rude etc, I wouldn't hate them for it.

Maybe I'm in too much of a dream world and not cynical another. To be honest, I'm happy working at Pizza Hut, because I am enjoying myself while earning some money and that I know I won't be there a couple of years.