Thursday 22 February 2007

Chavs

I don't like chavs one bit and no one else in the country does. Even the half chavs don't like the full chavs, because in general they just want to dress like them but not behave like them. Full chavs aim to fuck everyone elses life up. But anyway they make a reasonably good blog post.

Yeah so, I was about to serve one of this group, of about 7 chavs. They are mini-chavs, like about 14 or 15 years old, but they still smell and look horrid. Woah out of no where comes the manager "Don't serve these. They made a mess yesterday". (Apparently they poured ICF sauce on the little door, on the floor and on the counter, spat, and then put ice cream into the chilli. When confronted they claimed they had nothing to do with it.)

So off they went after I gave them a refund and received some abuse. Ok they've now moved on but still in that horrid gang that no one likes. Manager has already called security and they're watching them on CCTV. Then along come the troops and they do some stuff, look intimidating and talk on their radios whilst staring at the chavs. They start being nobs and sit on high chairs, shouting, swearing etc. They were then ejected. They left by giving us a hurl of abuse which included all the usual swear words, so unoriginal. Nice to know the £1500 rent and service charge a week does actually go towards something except the location.

And then came along this new herd of chavs! I asked one of them "Were you in earlier?" "NO - WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Was his answer. "Just wondering". Shame I couldn't think of something more witty. They then went on to waste some Pepsi and 7up (free, help-yourself refills) ,but they didn't make a mess so I don't care really. Even though they came back about 10 times for refills, doesn't matter because they can, and also - it makes up for all the others who don't. Apparently the drink rate per customer is 1.2. So on average, for every drink we sell, they will have 1.2 of a drink. I hope this makes sense.

Aww and then I had some deaf people in. I wasn't sure exactly how to handle them, because they were all deaf, but it was surprisingly easy. Was it wrong of me to upsell with them?! I wonder when my first blind person will come in, because we don't have a braille menu or anything...which apparently other stores do. I won't have any problem with reading the entire menu to them if they wish, because if I hold up the queue or lose customers then thats Pizza Hut's own fault for not providing the correct stuff.

----I wrote a little thing about how I was a bit mean to a child. It didn't seem very nice so I deleted it----

PS: Apparently some people don't know what FSR and HSR are. I find this odd. Full Service Restaurant and Home Service Restaurant (Delivery). These are official abbreviations which are virtually always used to describe Huts in Pizza Hut memos, publications etc.

PPS: I was told I did not describe the car I was given a lift in, in enough detail. Ok so exterior: covered in mud. One window wiper is up because it is broken. Indicators only work on one side. Interior: Covered in mud again. Everywhere. Smells of dog. Blankets, clothes, general stuff everywhere. I was wedged in the seat between some questionable bits of fabric, and a portable filing cabinet. What else..the clutch is knackered, it cuts out, the radio doesn't work without some special piece of card wedged in. It was an overload of things really, so I can't remember it all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is the MOT due... hehe.

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

I asked that...apparently she is getting rid of it before it's due - April I think!

Al said...

Ah, chavs. Don't get many myself at the photo lab. The ones we do get though are typically loud, rude and a general pain in the arse.

On the plus side they take crap pictures so I can charge them the same price for 3 or 4 as someone with 29.

Anonymous said...

uhh... wut r chavs? do u mean teenagers? ... ive neva really heard it as chavs.... well, ive neva really heard of most of this that u say. r u in a different country? im n United States. hmmm.. u mite be. well, chavs is still different, maybe bcus i guess imma "chav" myself.... idk... ok bye

Pizza Hut Team Member said...

I'm in the UK. And chavs can be whatever age...I think I'd have a problem if I didn't like teenagers! Visit chavscum.co.uk to see what a chav is.

Anonymous said...

Having stuff like Braille menus etc is a legal requirement for reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. So I would get on your head office pronto !