Saturday 3 February 2007

Ice cream and Tesco

I was serving a lady, and instead of fries she wanted ice cream. It's not possible unless either, I know you or you are VERY friendly. I don't care if you scream/shout/swear etc, because that behaviour is quite funny and would encourage it because it makes this blog more interesting. So anyway I tell her that "Sorry we can't do that..." "WHY NOT?!" "Because you can only have fries or salad with the meal..." "Well that is a bit stupid really - it is not as if anyone is going to know is it!!!" "It will make the reports at the end of the night wrong, so yes they would" (It wouldn't, but it sounds better like that). She then told me it was "Absolutely ridiculous" Then her son of approximately 12 years old said "Mum, he doesn't make the rules so don't blame him!". What a lovely child.

You wouldn't go to McDonalds and expect a McFlurry instead of your fries, and just because you help yourself to our ice cream (after you've paid for it!) doesn't mean it is a free-for-all-any-meal-combination-you-want.

Another retail blog, Don't Blame Me! I'm Just A Sales Assistant! Tescos: Every Little Drives You Mad. has been created. I feel the title is self explanatory so will not elaborate! I have added it to the Blog Roll. I'm thinking about removing Supermarket Follies because the blog seems dead, which is a real shame because the writing quality was excellent. If you're out there...please comment or message!

1 comment:

Al said...

It's always funny when kids point out to their parents that they're behaving like an idiot.