Wednesday 7 February 2007

Ouch

Please do not be offended when I filter through the handful of change you have told me is "£3.99 exactly". I then discover a €1 in place of a £1 coin and various 1 cents. No we do not accept them, so don't try - I could see that look in your eye, it was intentional and not "Oh I am so sorry, my mistake!"

Then there was this woman who decided to eat most her pizza, then come back and complain it was undercooked. Ok it was, I could see that, but for some odd reason the manager didn't....and he started eating it to see if she was right. The sight of a man tearing apart a pizza in front of a customer, was very funny, so yes, unfortunately I did laugh in front of them. The laugh was quite discreet, I hope, because I did a kind of 'burst-puke-laugh' and then went on the floor to stock the fridges. Anyway they got a refund, so never mind about that.

It was closing time, so I was clearing out the fries from the fry station. I leant over, and caught my chin on the very hot metal bit. It felt pretty nasty like it had burnt, so I went and stood awkwardly over the sink with my chin under the tap. I got up from this position after a few seconds, and bashed my head on the D2 dispenser, it then felt like I was about to fall over, and bloody hell there was the mop on the floor to trip me up, and I ended up leaning on the make table and will some vulgar words emitting from my mouth. To date this is my worst accident. The chin wasn't burnt thank god because it would look very stupid if it was.

There was a couple of freaks in, but these will be in a post soon with another couple of oddies.

2 comments:

AggressiveAdmin said...

I'm always desperately trying to stifle laughter in front of customers. It doesn't take much to set me off at all (I spent three hours last night laughing at this joke: What's black and white and goes "BOO!"? A cow with a cold!)

A customer once presented me with passport photos they got done in the photo booth that had gone horribly wrong. That pose! I was in hysterics. They weren't amused.

I'm also very accident prone. It was only last week I bent down to pick a box up, lost my balance and smacked head first into the wall. I started laughing and couldn't muster the energy to pull myself back up. So there I was, propped against a wall by my head, screaming with laughter.

Al said...

I can just picture that sequence of events...